close

Cardiff man pours Volvic flavoured water into his iron


  • Tom Agnew, from Cardiff, was mocked for the domestic mishap on social media
  • He said the foolish error had ruined an expensive top and his device
  • But his tirade that both items should come with a warning was met with ridicule 

Imogen Blake

and
Unity Blott For Mailonline

A man was left fuming after he ruined his iron by filling it with flavoured water in a bid to ‘make his clothes smell of forest fruits’.

Tom Agnew, from Cardiff, was widely ridiculed after taking to Facebook to rant about his domestic mishap in a post which has since gone viral.

He complained his Armani top and his iron had both been ruined after filling the device with a Volvic Touch of Fruit beverage – and even said the drink and iron should come with a ‘warning’ to prevent such a blunder.

Tom Agnew posted on Facebook that he filled an iron with a flavoured water - and then complained it had unsurprisingly ruined his clothes and his device

Tom Agnew posted on Facebook that he filled an iron with a flavoured water - and then complained it had unsurprisingly ruined his clothes and his device

Tom Agnew posted on Facebook that he filled an iron with a flavoured water – and then complained it had unsurprisingly ruined his clothes and his device

Tom Agnew shared this photo of what he claims was his iron after he filled it with a flavoured Volvic drink. It unsurprisingly turned into a sticky mess

Tom Agnew shared this photo of what he claims was his iron after he filled it with a flavoured Volvic drink. It unsurprisingly turned into a sticky mess

Tom Agnew shared this photo of what he claims was his iron after he filled it with a flavoured Volvic drink. It unsurprisingly turned into a sticky mess

He posted the tirade last year, but today his angry message went viral on social media, including on Reddit.

Many wrongly assumed a woman had made the catastrophic ironing mistake.

However the post can be traced back to Tom – though it is unclear if the photo is just a joke.

In the comments, he defends his actions despite ridiculing from his friends, and claims his foolish error has ruined his expensive Armani top.

Dozens have ridiculed Tom for the mishap, joking about trying similarly stupid domestic catastrophes-in-waiting, such as boiling bleach and sticking a fork in a plug socket

Dozens have ridiculed Tom for the mishap, joking about trying similarly stupid domestic catastrophes-in-waiting, such as boiling bleach and sticking a fork in a plug socket

Dozens have ridiculed Tom for the mishap, joking about trying similarly stupid domestic catastrophes-in-waiting, such as boiling bleach and sticking a fork in a plug socket

The Volvic drink contains sugar, which burns very easily when it is heated.

So when Tom put the drink into his iron, the sugars inevitably caramelised, leaving a very sticky mess.

He claimed he had filled the device with flavoured water to make his clothes smell like ‘forest fruits’ – for which he was widely mocked on social media today.

 One said that the iron probably did come with a warning to only fill the device with ‘clean tap water,’ while another blamed him for being the reason why the country has ‘stupid things written on safety stickers.

Volvic and Tom have both been contacted for comment. 



Source link

admin

The author admin

Leave a Response