Do you ever come across a beautiful photo and wonder what the story might be behind it? Yeah, us too. That’s why we decided to share some animal photos along with some of their stories so you can feel a deeper connection to the image you’re looking at.
Sometimes, the story behind an image makes it more powerful. Sometimes, it actually takes away from the narrative you’ve created in your mind. But the truth is always refreshing to read.
We hope you enjoy this lovely selection of beautiful animals their touching stories!
1. “This is a Canadian goose named Dorthy. She visits my grandparents’ house every year to make her nest and lay her eggs.”
2. This image once went viral with the caption, “The fawn mistook this dummy for his mother.” The truth is that the fawn is only hiding behind the dummy until his mom returns. Which she did safely.
3. “My cat is on a diet. I found his stash.”
4. "These people formed a living corridor to help the newborn sea turtles get to the water without being carried away by the seagulls."
5. This cat was found living a double-life.
6. "4-6 week old walrus who strayed from his family and was rescued by fishermen from an Alaska bay, and an employee of a marine rehabilitation center"
7. This beautiful baby zebra was spotted hiding amongst sheep when running from lions. The man in the photo is now the zebra's mother, since zebras memorize the colors of their parents, this man has to wear this coat.
8. “I’ve been waiting 6 years to get a dog and the day finally came. Meet Archie!”
9. "These seals were rescued from an ice formation in the Saint Petersburgh river. They are safe and sound."
10. “These pictures of our cat Drax were taken 4 months apart. When we got him from the animal shelter, his back half had practically no fur and he weighed just 4.5 lb. He’s really fluffed out!”
11. "My baby helped my boyfriend propose to me yesterday! 11/10 good."
12. “My dad works at home and chooses the best employee every quarter. It’s always our dog Meeka.”
13. "Every night, she'll meows at us until we hold her like this."
14. “My mom meeting her dream kitten for the first time today!”
15. “My dog, who has never liked cats, adopted my baby foster kitten. She adopted him too, I think…”
16. "The inhabitants of Kamchatka found a 6-month-old bear on the side of the road. Now she lives in a center for animals and weighs 440 lb. She is a star on social media!"
17. There is a zoo in Belgian where the otters and orangutans live together. They are friends and you can see a baby orangutan playing hide-n-seek with the otters in the images here.
18. "8-month-old Simba was used for photos for money before being abandoned, scared, and paralyzed. Doctor Karen Dallakyan performed surgery and the lion is recovering at the moment."
19. "Jax is the official stamp-licker in Scotland. He works every day, patiently expecting new clients."