From the FYP to the big screen!
Content creator, makeup-line co-creator, podcast host, dancer, and soon-to-be movie star: Addison Rae is about to make her acting debut in the upcoming film “He’s All That,” and we couldn’t be more excited. The movie is a gender-swapped reboot of the 1999 teen comedy “She’s All That,” which centers around an influencer who attempts to turn a “nerdy” boy into prom king!
Can’t wait to see it? Keep scrolling to catch everything we know about the sure-to-be fun-filled flick!
1. Addison is one of the first TikTok personalities to star in a major studio film! After voicing Marnie in “Spy Cat,” she’s about to put her acting skills to the test! We seriously can’t wait for her debut (and low-key wonder if she’ll be showcasing any “Renegade” moves in the movie too).
2. Tanner Buchanan will star alongside Addison. You may recognize these green eyes, flowing hair, and amazing acting skills from Disney’s “Girl Meets World,” or Nickelodeon’s “Game Shakers,” so it’s definitely safe to say that Tanner’s no stranger to the acting world!
3. Two other former Disney Channel stars will also be joining the cast! Peyton Meyer from “Girl Meets World” and Madison Pettis from Disney Channel’s 2008 series “Cory in the House” are booked, busy, and big screen ready!
4. Addison is doing everything she can to best prepare for the role. In a recent episode of her podcast “Mama Knows Best,” she shared, “I have been preparing a lot for it. I’ve been reading a lot, I’ve been working with my team, I’ve been working with the director, the producer, and everyone.” She continued, “It’s going to be so much fun and I know that it’s gonna be great because I am putting in the right work for it to get it where I need it to be.”
5. We’re familiar with , and huge fans of the director’s work already! Mark Waters will be directing “He’s All That,” and has directed popular classics that we all know and love like “Mean Girls” and the 2003 Disney classic “Freaky Friday”!
6. Addison’s not holding back about her nerves. In another episode of her “Mama Knows Best” podcast, she opened up, saying “I am nervous for the movie… I feel like there’s a lot of pressure on me about it because it is a remake, so there’s kind of like already a standard for it, which is nerve-wracking.”
7. The original writers and producers are reuniting to work on the remake! Writer R. Lee Fleming and producers Jennifer Gibgot and Andrew Panay are back at it again. Oh, and BTW, the reboot will be produced by Miramax, the same studio as the original!
8. Addison finally about to pursue a dream of hers! In her initial Instagram post announcing the news, her caption read, “My dreams are coming true…I’m so excited to finally share the news that i am getting the opportunity to make my acting debut in HE’S ALL THAT which is a remake of one of my all time favorite movies, SHE’S ALL THAT.” You go, girl! Nobody deserves it more.
9. They’ve officially started filming! On November 16th, Addison took to her Instagram Story to share behind-the-scenes pics from set, and even showed off a cute gift the production team gave her for good luck. “Addison, we are very excited to welcome you to the production of “He’s All That.” Best wishes on your first day of principal photography, – your friends at Miramax,” the card read. Too cute!
10. There’s no official release date…yet! While we patiently await the big announcement, we’ll be scrolling on our FYP if you need us!
Want the inside scoop about Addison and the rest of her fellow Hype House members? We recently caught up with Larray, who dished on his first impression of Addison, Charli and more!