Former Ant-Man Director Edgar Wright Buries the Hatchet with Marvel Boss Kevin Feige



When it comes to comic book adaptations, one of the most imaginative and beloved movies in Hollywood is Edgar Wright’s Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. For a long time, Wright was set to lend his directing talents to the MCU for the first Ant-Man film. But differences arose between Wright and MCU showrunner Kevin Feige, prompting the filmmaker to walk away from the project. In an interview with Empire, Wright revealed things had been difficult between him and Feige on the professional front ever since.

“I’ll be honest, I had not spoken to Kevin Feige since I walked off Ant-Man in 2014. You know, there wasn’t any real animosity or outright hostility between us, it was all very diplomatic at the time, but in that situation you go your separate ways and there was no reason to get back in touch. So I just had never spoken to him or vice versa. Aside from the movie itself, we had been friends, so it was a sad thing – aside from the professional aspect of it, we had been good pals.”

RELATED: Ant-Man 3 Is Coming in 2022, Michael Douglas Declares That Hank Pym Is Back

Recently, Edgar Wright was asked to work on an issue for Empire celebrating the greatest cinema moments of recent times. Wright asked fans on social media for their input and was flooded with suggestions to include scenes like Captain America wielding Thor’s hammer, or Hulk tossing Loki around like a ragdoll. Once it became clear that the article could not be completed without addressing the impact of the MCU on pop culture, Wright decided the time had come to clear the air with Kevin Feige once and for all by asking for his help with the article.

“I thought it would be disingenuous of me to get through this article without mentioning the ‘M’ word once. So I did what I hadn’t done in six years – I just emailed Kevin. It was a really nice thing, and Kevin was really touched that I’d reached out to him directly and just said, ‘Hey’. Also it was funny after six years of no contact to email him just saying, ‘Kevin, I need you to write something for me, and I need it tomorrow!’ So it was nice, we basically reconnected over this article and it was very sweet. I’m very glad I did it, and I was very happy that his response was so- he was really touched that I had reached out, and I feel what he wrote was great. I told him that I read what he’d said about Aliens to James Cameron, which he said was just wild. So it was nice, it’s a nice happy ending to that story.”

While the MCU is known for keeping directors working strictly according to the vision of the studio rather than their personal vision, which is why Wright left Ant-Man in the first place, it seems the filmmaker has gotten over the disappointment of the failed project. Which means Wright might make a return to the franchise at some point in the future to helm a different superhero project. Fingers crossed for Scott Pilgrim vs. the MCU. This news arrives from Empire Online.



Source link

Get in Touch

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Articles

Devin Booker ‘the Most Disrespected Player in Our League’

Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James is rarely the one to mince words and once the 2021 All-Star Game reserves were announced, King...

Facebook to restore news sharing in Australia after government amends proposed law – TechCrunch

Facebook said it will begin restoring news sharing to Australian users’ feeds in “the coming days” after reaching an agreement with the country’s...

National Basketball Coaches Association cites ‘level of disappointment’ with Minnesota Timberwolves’ hiring process

CHICAGO -- The leadership of the National Basketball Coaches Association spoke out Wednesday about its "concern and level of disappointment" with the way...

Get in Touch

21,308FansLike
2,507FollowersFollow
17,200SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Posts

Devin Booker ‘the Most Disrespected Player in Our League’

Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James is rarely the one to mince words and once the 2021 All-Star Game reserves were announced, King...

Facebook to restore news sharing in Australia after government amends proposed law – TechCrunch

Facebook said it will begin restoring news sharing to Australian users’ feeds in “the coming days” after reaching an agreement with the country’s...

National Basketball Coaches Association cites ‘level of disappointment’ with Minnesota Timberwolves’ hiring process

CHICAGO -- The leadership of the National Basketball Coaches Association spoke out Wednesday about its "concern and level of disappointment" with the way...

Over 350,000 shoppers love Amazon’s smart plug that’s only $25

Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you...

Devin Booker to Replace Anthony Davis in 2021 NBA All-Star Game

When Phoenix Suns star guard Devin Booker was left off the 14-player list of 2021 All-Star Game reserves, it raised quite a few...