Located between your eyebrows, the third eye chakra is one of the most important power points in the human spirit. In Tantric traditions, when the third eye is blocked by anger, fear, or doubt, it can be hard to gain perspective and take action. The third eye chakra is the window to the subconscious soul, and you need it to make decisions and choices about your life based on your emotional or gut feelings. Intuition can be a lifesaver, but when your third eye isn’t opened, your intuition isn’t working well. All the more reason it’s important to give your third eye a lot of care and love.
What is your third eye?
The third eye is a chakra located in the middle of the forehead between the eyebrows. It’s associated with intuition, insight, and mysticism. The third eye is the sixth out of seven chakras that control the meridian of the body, mind, and spirit. It can take us to a place of higher consciousness and enlightenment. In some cases, your third eye can lead you to experience profound, positive out-of-body experiences that bring you to a deeper compression of the self.
What happens when you open your third eye?
Well, for one, you can experience enlightenment. This means you will receive an infinite amount of knowledge, not only from the universe but also from the subconscious of your heart and soul. NBD! This awakening is extremely profound and meaningful. Imagine being able to understand the motives of others without having to think twice about them—that’s what a fully opened third eye can do. It can assure you that you’re on the right path and enable you to make good decisions based on your intuition and emotions without hesitation.
What happens when your third eye is closed?
More often than not, your third eye isn’t open. This occurs when we don’t cleanse our chakras (which can be done in many ways—for example, through meditation, salt baths, or crystal therapy). When this happens, we can feel as though we have brain fog or are energetically depleted and our emotions or instincts may be obscured. It can be hard to make judgments and decisions.
Okay, so how can I open my third eye?
There are many techniques to open your third eye. Here are some suggestions you can do at home.
- Keep a dream journal. Often, your subconscious presents the truth while you’re sleeping, which is why it’s important to write down your dreams when you wake up in the morning. They could play a pivotal part in your understanding.
- Meditate while focusing on your third eye. Ask your spirit guides for more intuition, insight, and understanding. The more frequently you meditate, the stronger your intuition will be.
- Do a simple grounding exercise. Sit in a chair and push your feet into the floor—bonus if you’re outside. Releasing your energy, especially into nature, can allow space for fresh vibes.
- Place a drop of Florida water on your third eye every morning and evening. This will cleanse your third eye chakra and help give you protection and ease when accessing it.
- Place an amethyst on your third eye. Amethyst helps release stagnant energy and replace it with positive vibes. You can simply place an amethyst on your third eye when lying down in bed.
- Take a bath or shower with Epsom salts. Rub the salt on your forehead to open up your third eye and detox your aura.